It’s a well-known fact that cigarette smoke is harmful, and most people don’t find the smell of second hand smoke pleasant either. What you may not know is that more than 75% of the passive cigarette smoke particles are actually of fine to ultra-fine sizes and these particles can stay airborne for up to two weeks.
These extremely small particles can penetrate deep into our lungs and can cause serious health problems, such as asthma, respiratory diseases, heart and vascular disease. LightAir IonFlow is a revolutionary and unique patented technology that is showing remarkable performance in removing fine and ultra-fine particles much smaller than other air purifiers can manage.
Also IonFlow air purifiers do so without the use of expensive and ineffective filters, and really can help you reduce passive smoke, and it’s effects, in your home.
LightAir effectively reduces the smoke
Plug-in your Lightair air purifier and after about 30 minutes you will start to feel a difference in how the air smells and feels. Leave the house for an hour or two and you will come back to a completely new, truly clean air environment.
This is because LightAir has effectively removed the smallest and most harmful smoke particles from the air. IonFlow is proven more efficient that any other clean air solution available…
Because LightAir IonFlow is the only air purifier capable of capturing particles right down to PM0.007. Most HEPA air purifiers can only capture particles down to PM0.1 leaving 90% of the most dangerous particles in the air!
* Please note: In very heavy smoking environments increasing the number of IonFlow air purifiers may be necessary
Reduce passive smoke and protect your precious health
Smoking has been found to harm nearly every bodily organ and system in the body, it also diminishes a person’s overall health.
This is even more of a concern when it is not you smoking. These are the main health effects of passive smoking:
- Premature death
- Leading cause of cancer and death from cancer.
- Heart disease
- Aortic aneurysm (a balloon-like bulge in an artery in the chest)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Age related macular degeneration
- Worsens asthma symptoms
- Developing pneumonia, tuberculosis, and other airway infections
- Fertility problems
- Higher risk of miscarriage
Second hand smoking. No thanks!
When non-smokers are exposed to smoke they take in nicotine and toxic chemicals the same way smokers do.
It is important to remember that even if you smoke in another room the smoke particles remain air borne for a very long time, even as long as two weeks!
As a smoker your sense of smell is reduced, so often even if you don’t smell the smoke it is still there and will harm you and others sharing the same indoor space!
Smoke and children is a big no-no. Here's why
Children with their undeveloped lungs and immunesystem are more sensitive and studies show that children who’s parents smoke:
- Get sick more often
- Have more lung infections (like bronchitis and pneumonia)
- Are more likely to cough, wheeze, and have shortness of breath
- Get more ear infections
- Get asthma
- Get more asthma attacks and worse asthma symptoms
Smoking in numbers
Cigarette smoking and exposure to tobacco smoke cause about 480,000 premature deaths each year in the United States. Of these premature deaths, about 36 percent are from cancer, 39 percent are from heart disease and stroke, and 24 percent are from lung disease
US smoke statistics in numbers…
at least, have died from the effects of smoking since 1964
Reduced life expectancy due to smoking
are suffering from serious illness caused by smoking
We do it better!
Premium indoor air quality
- Removes harmful particles in the most efficient way
- Can help reduce passive smoke effects for your family
- Destroys microbes & viruses
- Highest capacity per watt, CADR/watt
And the best comfort
- Highest capacity at lowest noise level, CADR/dB(A)
- Minimum maintenance
- Attractive design suits any environment
- Minimal use of consumables