LightAir IonFlow air purifiers remove pollution down to the finest particles - The evidence

a busy polluted street with heavy traffic
Pollution graphic of car and exhaust icon in orange

Test reports supporting the removal of fine and ultra fine particles

90% of all particles in the air are smaller than PM0.1.

These particles are the most harmful to your health and the most difficult to remove.

LightAir has a unique ability to efficiently remove these fine particles from the air, all the way down to PM0.007.

 

99.94% Ultra-fine particle reduction

IonFlow air purifiers remove air pollution and fine particles such as pollen, pet allergens, bacteria, mold and also handle the ultra-fine and most harmful particles such as the smallest virus, traffic pollution and tobacco smoke – all the way down to PM0.007.

Conventional air purifiers can only clean about 10% of the pollutants in your indoor-air. The remaining, 90%, are too small. These ultra-fine particles are the ones most dangerous to our health.

Size matters

Fine particles are the reason why air pollution is the leading environmental threat to human health.

But what are fine particles? Many people have heard of PM 2.5, but what does it mean?

PM is an abbreviation for Particle Matter which is a mixture of solid particles and liquid droplets found in the air.

And 2.5 refers to the diameter of the particle in microns, which is 1 millionth of a meter.

 

Lightair Pollution and particle size infographic

Particles smaller than PM 2.5 or particles with a diameter of generally 2.5 microns or less are called fine particles. Although they are not visible to the human eye unless they accumulate, most of the particles that deposit deep in our lungs and enter our bloodstream are even smaller than these so called fine particles.

 

These extremely small particles, PM0.1 and below, particles with a diameter 0.1 microns or less, are called ultra-fine particles or nano particles.

Research have shown that these particles represent more than 90% of all the particles indoors making it crucial for air purifiers to catch these particles if they are to have any significant effect in cleaning the air in your room.

Lightair graph of comparisons on particle collection

Unfortunately most HEPA based air purifiers only catch PM0.3 and some down to PM0.1, leaving over 90% of all particles in your indoor air.

 

Smog, traffic pollution, virus, combustion from coal power plants, mold mycotoxins are all finer than PM0.1.

 

These particles cause severe health problems such as cardio- and vascular disease, COPD, cancer, and asthma.

LightAir’s products were developed with the outset of removing the finest and most harmful particles.

 

According to third-party governmental tests, LightAir’s products remove particles all the way down to PM 0.007 meaning that we keep your air virtually free from the harmful particles you want to avoid.

Please explore the evidence below

This benchmark test report shows that LightAir IonFlow removes the smallest and most dangerous particles better then most air purifiers on the market!

IonFlow is tested on well known concept PM2.5 and efficiently removes 96.6% in only one hour. Fine particles are the reason why air pollution is the leading environmental threat to human health.

Burning candles are being used to generate soot particles from combustion of fossil fuels as it is the dominant substance of pollution particles in the air such as from traffic, coal power plants, burning fossil fuel, etc.

Cigarette smoke particles are extremely fine and can stay airborne for up to two weeks. It requires very sophisticated instruments able to register particle sizes down to 0.007 micron in several separate size intervals.

This test proves that LightAir IonFlow air purifier does not lose effect over time. Despite the collector being covered in particles it is still working efficiently.

Switching on the LightAir IonFlow prior to printing means that there are fewer particles in the air. Download conclusion in English here. For full report in Dutch just send us an email and we will send it to you.

A real life test conducted in the city center of Stockholm during office hours during 20 minutes. The test was performed by NIAQ (Nordic Institute for Air Quality).